Is it really possible to make a barista quality coffee at home? Although most Sage espresso machines have great build quality and deliver an excellent quality coffee they can take up quite a bit of space in your kitchen. If you have a compact kitchen but don’t want to compromise on quality the Sage Bambino Plus is well worth considering.
Because the dimensions are only (WxDxH) 19.4 x 36.2 x 30.4 cm it should fit nicely in even the smallest of kitchens but lack of size doesn’t mean lack of features.
The Sage Bambino Plus has a good sized 1.9L water tank. A ThermoJet heating system meaning there’s no waiting around, the extraction temperature is reached in 3 seconds and comes in stainless steel or truffle black. Sage espresso machines are designed to use the 4 key formulas for cafe quality coffee.
- Correct dose of freshly ground beans. A dose of 18-22g of freshly ground beans gives you a rich full bodied coffee, anything less results in a weak and watery tasting coffee. So the Sage Bambino Plus delivers a 18g dose in the commercial style 54mm portafilter to give you just coffee boost you need.
- Precise temperature control. With digital temperature control (PID) technology the precise water temperature is delivered for a consistent delicious tasting coffee every time.
- Optimal water pressure. Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and the 9 bar extraction process delivered via the 15 bar Italian pump.
- Microfoam milk. You can adjust the temperature and texture of the milk with the automatic steam wand. As a result delivering quality microfoam letting you creating your own latté art. (with a little practice!)
Making the cup of coffee is pretty simple with the push button interface. Select the single or double filter, add ground coffee to the portafilter, tamp it and lock into place. When your cup/cups are in place press button 1 for one cup and button 2 for two cups. When you have steamed your coffee the Sage Bambino Plus Espresso Machine automatically purges the heating system and you are ready to prepare your next cup. The drip tray may be a little small but this is probably to keep the footprint of the machine small.
The Sage Bambino Plus Espresso Machine comes with everything you need to get started:
- 54mm Portafilter
- 54mm Tamper
- the Razor™ Precision Dosing Tool
- Claro Swiss Water Filter
- 16 fl.oz / 480ml Stainless Steel Milk Jug
- 1 & 2 Cup Dual Wall Filter Baskets
- 1 & 2 Cup Single Wall Baskets
- Cleaning Tool
- Cleaning Disc
A few extra items you may also want to consider to make thing a little easier and less messy are:
If you are new to espresso machines they can take a little time too perfect but when you do you’ll never look back.